Spraying Low Absorbency Base Coat
From PROCEED SYSTEM Wiki
- The Proceed Low Absorbency Base Coat can be sprayed through most sprayers. Every sprayer is different and may require you to dial in the adjustments in order to achieve the desired spraying performance.
- This is a priming and sealing, tintable product.
- Levels really nice, will spray without thinning out of an airless sprayer. However, you may need to use Golden Airbrush Medium to increase flow.
- See: Technical Data Sheet
- Airless sprayers are the ideal spray equipment for spraying Low Absorbency Base Coat as no thinning is required.
- For Conventional and HVLP equipment, add Golden Airbrush Medium (3 parts basecoat to 1 part airbrush medium). Check the spray pattern and adjust further with water as needed.
|RECOMMENDED SPRAY EQUIPMENT||BRAND & MODELS TESTED||PRESSURE SETTING||NEEDLE/TIP SIZE||DISTANCE TO SUBSTRATE||ADDITIONAL NOTES|
|AIRLESS||Marshalltown Sharpshooter, GRACO RTX 900 or 1500||40 psi||#2 Hole for Marshalltown Sharpshooter, "White" for GRACO RTX 900 or 1500||18"||Add dispersion to increase opacity, follow strict overlapping rule for the most even application.|